- 1/2″ Pipe Insulation (try Tundra brand as shown below)
- Colored Nylon Cording (try Kingcord Nylon #18 Mason’s Line)
- Colored Duct Tape
How to make it
- Cut pipe insulation into 7″ lengths.
The packages I bought contained 4 tubes that could be cut into 5 lengths, equaling 20 pieces of insulation or 10 complete nunchucks. Adjust for your party guests as necessary.
- Cut three lengths of nylon cording, 10″ each, for each set of nunchucks.
The color of the cording doesn’t matter. We picked orange in honor of Michaelangelo.
- Tie lengths of cording about 3″ from the end, braid through the middle, and tie off 3″ from the opposite end.
- Distribute the unbraided edges of nylon cording around the edge of the pipe insulation and duct tape into place.
Again, the color of the duct tape is completely up to you. We picked green for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Complete steps 3 and 4 for the second side of the nunchucks and you’re ready to play!