It’s been a busy fall for sure, but not too busy to get a little creative in the kitchen. These spiced apple cider muffins taste best made with freshly grated Honeycrisp apples, and served warm right out of the oven. In a pinch, your microwave will also do. 🙂
What You Need
1 – 15.25 oz Spiced Cake Mix
1 – 3.4 oz instant cheesecake pudding mix
2 – Honeycrisp apples peeled and grated
8 oz. Fat Free Egg Substitute
8 oz. Fat Free Sour Cream
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1-1/2 tsp artificial rum flavoring
Dash of cinnamon
Foil-and-paper cupcake liners
How to Make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a cupcake pan with foil-and-paper liners.
- Peel and grate 2 Honeycrisp apples.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, egg substitute, sour cream, water, oil, rum flavoring and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
- Fold in grated apple.
- Spoon batter into lined cupcake pan.
- Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center of the cupcake pan comes out clean, about 22-25 minutes (this is a very moist cake recipe so “clean” means not clumpy or sticky – there will be a little residue left on the toothpick).
- Remove muffins from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Makes approximately 22 muffins.