Welcome to the What’s on My Plate please-let-me-eat-a-burger edition. For more healthy meal ideas for your own weight loss journey, click the series graphic at the end of this post.
The boys participated in a reading program over the summer at the library and got free meals at Meatheads. I was certain I would absolutely blow my points the day we decided to go, but was pleasantly surprised to find they offered their grilled chicken on lettuce instead of a bun. GENIUS.
Today’s hack uses Meathead’s trick with a delicious and low point Trader Joe’s chicken burger. At only 6 points total, this meal should be in your arsenal always.
Chicken Burger a la Meatheads
4 points per serving
What you need:
- Two artesian romaine leaves – 0 points
- 1 Trader Joe’s Chile Lime Chicken Burger – 2 points
- 1 serving grilled onion and red pepper – 1 point
- 2 tbsp Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Chunky Guacamole – 1 point
How to make it:
- Wash romaine leaves.
- Prepare burger according to package instructions.
- Grill 1/2 a large onion and 1 red pepper with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp Johnny’s Great Caesar Garlic Spread & Seasoning (serves 3).
- Assemble ingredients in order from the bottom up, using the two romaine leaves to “sandwich” your burger and toppings.
The sides I included can easily be swapped out for any fruit or vegetable. On my plate, one ear of corn is 2 points, and the pear is a freebie :).
Now go grill something before the weather gets too cold :).