Between Christmas and the never-ending-sickness that plagued our house in January we’ve been working on a special Lego Star Wars party for Elijah’s fifth birthday. One of my favorite projects for this party (as well as Elijah’s) was the Yoda Stick Puppet that we created as an activity for his guests to enjoy during the party.
What you need [for one puppet]
Yoda Lego Pattern (below)
Light brown felt
Dark brown felt
2 google eyes
Colored pipe cleaner*
Large popsicle stick
Regular popsicle stick
Black puffy/fabric paint
*Standing in the craft aisle at our local Joanne’s I debated and debated with my youngest what color pipe cleaner to pick. I knew enough that red screamed Dark Side. Noah (my two year old) insisted Yoda’s lightsaber was green. I picked blue strictly for aesthetic purposes (green on green seemed so redundant to me) and learned later that I should have in fact picked green.
Lesson learned. Know your audience :).
How to make it
- Print and cut the Lego Yoda pattern below.
- Cut the main body out of light brown felt, the head and hands out of green, and the “v” of the vest out of dark brown felt.
- Glue the big popsicle stick to the back of the light brown Yoda body so that it extends below the light brown felt.
- Glue the regular popsicle stick to the big popsicle stick and back of the Yoda body so that it extends to the top of the head.
- Glue the head, hands, and “v” to the Yoda body as shown in the picture above.
- Fold the pipe cleaner in half and staple twice to the body of Yoda – once at the edge of the pipe cleaner, and once at the shoulder of Yoda.
- Glue on google eyes.
- Use the black puffy paint to create a smile and lightsaber handle.