You may remember my Christmas Cocoa post from last year. It was such a big hit online and in real-life, we are using this simple DIY again to show appreciation to some of Elijah’s teachers at Christmas. Hope you enjoy this dolled up version with generic recipe card/gift tag printable.
What you’ll need
- Ingredients for Martha Stewart’s Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- (unwrapped) Starlight mints
- Quart size (large jar shown above) or pint size mason jar
- 5/8″ red ribbon
- Thin Christmas fabric (cut in circles slightly larger than the top of the jar lid)
- Christmas ornament (optional)
How to make it
- Wash mason jars and dry well.
- Follow the recipe instructions for Martha Stewart’s Hot Chocolate Recipe adding 1 tbsp cinnamon to the mix.
- For the large jar, layer 2 cups of hot chocolate mix, 1 cup marshmallows, 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, and 20 starlight mints.
- For the small jar, layer 1 cup hot chocolate mix, 1/2 cup marshmallows, 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, and 10 starlight mints.
- Place the circle of fabric over the disc of the jar. Close the jar and attach gift tag/recipe card (and Christmas ornament if using) with ribbon.
Christmas Cocoa Recipe Card & Gift Tag (6 count)