My boys are two of the pickiest eaters I’ve ever met. But they LOVE guacamole. Go figure.
Here’s how I’ve been hiding some additional veggies into their favorite green dip.
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup canned (rinsed) black beans
- 1/4 of a large onion
- 2 packed cups fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste if you like a salty guacamole)
- 3 avocados
Optional Whole Ingredients
(in case you like it chunky)
Corn, Black Beans, Cilantro, Pico de Gallo, Onion, Tomato, etc.
- Halve the avocados, saving the pits, and scoop the avocado flesh from the skin.
- Place all the ingredients in order into your Vitamix blender.
I know, I know. Maybe you don’t have a Vitamix. Try mashing the avocado in a standard granite mortar and pestle, and then blending it until smooth with the other ingredients in your blender. Let me know how it goes!
- Start the blender at Variable 1 slowing moving to Variable 10, then high. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- Blend until smooth.
- Remove guacamole from Vitamix and add any combination of the optional whole ingredients listed above as desired.
- Place avocado pits in an air tight container with your guacamole to keep it that pretty fresh color.