I recently attended my friend’s early December wedding. She was gorgeous, the wedding was gorgeous – it was just a really beautiful, really incredible day all around. I think what impressed me most was her thoughtful attention to detail.
The favor we left with was a small mason jar filled with Starbucks hot chocolate, marshmallows, and chocolate chips – decorated to match her color scheme. Beautiful and functional. I love those kinds of favors, and of course I love hot chocolate.
So I stole her idea and added a couple personal Christmas-y touches to make a few gifts. This would be perfect to give a teacher, a neighbor, or for your Christmas hostess. And because it was so simple to put together, I was able to enlist the help of my boys. Serious wins all around.
What you’ll need
- Ingredients for Martha Stewart’s Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Chocolate Chips
- (unwrapped) Starlight mints
- Quart size mason jar
- 5/8″ ribbon
- Christmas ornament (if you want to fancy it up)
How to make it
- Follow the recipe instructions for Martha Stewart’s Hot Chocolate Recipe (I doubled it for 5 quart-size mason jars).
- Place 2 cups of hot chocolate mix in the bottom of the mason jar.
- Layer 1 cup marshmallows, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 20 starlight mints.
- Close the jar and attach recipe card (and Christmas ornament if using) with ribbon.
All the recipient has to do is add warm milk and enjoy!