We spent some time with dear friends over dinner last night, and I brought this chocolate trifle for dessert. The leftovers made it to mom’s group this morning and I think it was a hit :). Here’s how to make your own Chocolate Tuxedo Trifle.
Boxed brownie mix
Eggs, olive oil, & water according to brownie directions
2 – 3.9 oz Jello instant Chocolate Fudge Pudding
2 – 3.9 oz Jello instant White Chocolate Pudding
7 cups of Fat Free milk (to be used with pudding)
1 – 12 oz. tub thawed whipped topping
1 – 11 oz bag white chocolate chips
- Make brownies according to package instructions substituting olive oil for regular oil. I made my brownies cake-y by adding an extra egg. Allow to cool completely. Cut into small pieces and portion into thirds.
- Make Chocolate Fudge pudding using both boxes of Jello and 3-1/2 cups milk.
- Make White Chocolate pudding the same. Divide both puddings in half and set aside.
- In trifle bowl layer 1/3 of the brownies. Add 1/2 White chocolate pudding, 1/2 thawed cool whip, 1/4 white chocolate chips, and 1/2 Chocolate Fudge pudding.
- Repeat for a second layer.
- Garnish the top with 1/4 white chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Note: You will have about 1/3 of the brownie pan left and 1/4 white chocolate chips left when dessert is complete.