This year Dark Knight’s side kick is going to be Superman! The “real” superheroes are actually good friends in the comic books so this pairing works out well for our little family. Today I’ll be walking you through how to make Super Hero Logo T’s super simple and super cheap.
Instead of using felt like I did here and here for logo detailing, I chose to use fleece – which does not fray and is washable. I picked up a cheap black long sleeve T for the Dark Knight shirt here, and a royal blue one here (which was not available in the color I needed at ANY store!!) and then got to work on creating the logo.
Supplies (for one shirt)
Long sleeve colored T that matches your super hero’s costume
Colored fleece that matches logo elements
Clear thread & sewing needle
2. Resize the logo graphic so that it flatters the size of your shirt. Print and cut. (Dark Knight Shirt – 12 inches across the chest / logo 9 inches wide. Superman Shirt – 11.5 inches across the chest / logo 7 inches wide.)
3. For a single color logo, pin and cut on the right side of the fleece.
4. For a logo with multiple colors, print a copy of the logo for each color and cut a pattern for each logo. Pin and cut each color fleece.
5. Hand-stitch inside lines of the multi-colored logos together with clear thread. When completed trim the bottom layer fleece around the edges (in this case, the yellow).
6. Pin and hand-stitch the outside edges of the logo to your shirt.
See I told you it was simple 🙂 – and you could use this tutorial to doctor-up any plain T with a simple logo design printed off the internet.
Gotta love year-round functionality!