This creative take on an old favorite was perfect for a Labor Day barbecue with my friends from high school. Here’s how I put it all together ;).
Pillsbury Banana Quick Bread
2 eggs (to be used with packaged bread mix)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 cup water
4 cups Milk (to be used with pudding)
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
70 Vanilla Wafer Cookies
2 pkgs Jello Banana Creme Pudding
12 oz. tub of thawed Whipped Topping
- Make banana bread according to package instructions substituting olive oil for regular oil. Add 1 mashed banana and 1/2 cup chocolate chips before baking according to package instructions.
- While bread is baking, smash 70 Vanilla wafers and set crumbs aside.
- Make Jello Banana Creme Pudding according to package instructions and refrigerate until bread is done.
- When Banana Bread is cooled, cut into thirds. Portion Vanilla Wafer crumbs, Banana Creme Pudding, and Whipped topping into thirds as well.
- In trifle bowl layer 1/3 of the Banana Bread (cubed). Add 1/3 Banana Creme pudding, 1/3 Vanilla Wafer crumbs, 2 bananas (cut in pieces) and 1/3 thawed Whipped Topping.
- Repeat for a second layer.
- To top the trifle bowl add the final 1/3 Vanilla Wafer crumbs, one cut banana (around the perimeter of the trifle bowl) and Whipped topping to garnish in the middle.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup to finish.
- Cover with plastic wrap (add tooth picks so the plastic wrap does not ruin the top of the trifle) and refrigerate until ready to eat.