I have been experimenting with and tweaking this crust recipe for the last couple of weeks now and it’s finally ready to share on my blog. I know everyone else has been sharing Christmas cookie recipes and other equally yummy holiday treats all months, but sometimes you just need something simple and quick for that unexpected drop-by. This is perfect for those I’m-in-a-pinch-and-I-need-something-quick moments that tend to happen around the holidays.
1-1/2 Cup Granola (I like Cascadian Farms or Trader Joe’s)
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tub Cool Whip
1 box of the Jello pudding of your choice
1-3/4 cups Fat Free milk
1. Put granola through a nut grinder. Measure out 1-1/2 cups once the granola is ground. Place in a bowl and set aside.
2. Combine peanut butter, honey and cinnamon in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Combine warmed peanut butter mixture with granola. Mix until all granola is moistened.
4. Press granola mixture into a springform pan with the bottom of a measuring cup (it’s really sticky so using your fingers = frustration!).
5. Follow the “Classic Pudding Pie” recipe on the box of Jello pudding and add the tub of Cool Whip. Mix until combined.
6. Pour Jello pudding mixture into springform pan and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. (If you’re really in a hurry and don’t necessarily care about presentation – it could be finished within 30 minutes).