Our family celebrates birthday’s with lots and lots of sweets. My greatest contribution to this weekend’s birthday festivities was Mike’s birthday cake – my own variation of a super moist bundt cake recipe that I found on WeightWatchers.com years and years ago. It is a delicious and easy cake as-is, but I of course like to make changes. What follows is my take on the original recipe with help from my very own super-hero Batman (who could not have been more thrilled to make a birthday cake for daddy!) :).
What You Need
Flour for dusting pan
18.5 oz unprepared yellow cake mix
1 package 3.4 oz instant banana cream dry pudding mix
8 oz fat free egg substitute
8 oz fat free sour cream
3/4 cup water
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
2 ripe bananas
1 can of whipped cream cheese frosting
1 tube of decorating frosting/icing
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray, dust the inside of the pan with flour and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, egg substitute, sour cream, water, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
- Mash bananas with a fork. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and level the surface.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes, invert cake onto rack and cool completely.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting and decorate with icing as desired.