Mike and I have long been fans of baked pasta dishes. They are like our kryptonite, but tend to be more carb laden than anything else. Through trial and error we found that Elijah too enjoys a baked pasta (as long as it’s spaghetti) and can tolerate the consistency of ground turkey. Throw in some vegetable purees and we’ve got ourselves a pretty balanced meal. 🙂
What You Need
1 lb ground turkey
1 pkg whole wheat spaghetti
2 – 24 oz jars of spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup carrot puree
1/2 cup sweet potato puree
1/2 cup red pepper puree
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Garlic powder to taste
Shredded cheese (I use a mix of montery jack and cheddar)
How to Make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350-375 F.
- Spray a 13X9 inch baking dish with Pam cooking spray.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
- Cook ground turkey in skillet. Sprinkle with garlic powder to taste.
- Add all purees, parmesan cheese, and 1 jar of spaghetti sauce. Mix well.
- Add meat sauce and second jar of spaghetti sauce to noodles. Mix well.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until dish is heated through and sauce is bubbling. (Serves 8)