Pancakes are a huge hit in this house and also an opportunity for this momma to pack a little extra nutritional value into breakfast (or dinner) with my picky eater. These pumpkin pancakes are the easiest to make and can also be quickly changed into a banana pancake recipe.
Makes 12-14 pancakes
What you Need
3 cups any boxed pancake mix
2 cups water
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
A couple handfuls of Nestle mini morsel chocolate chips
How to Make it
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until mixed.
2. Use 1/3 cup measuring cup to portion pancakes onto hot griddle.
3. Flip pancake when bubbling.
4. Serve with chocolate chips (Elijah’s is the farther stack with less chocolate).
5. Additional pancakes can be frozen and microwaved at a later time.
Banana Pancake Variation
1. Swap out canned pumpkin with 3 bananas that have been mashed with a fork
2. Skip the pumpkin pie spice and replace with Cinnamon
3. Follow remaining directions
Happy Pancake eating!