True confession . . . I’ve been a little grumpy and ungrateful lately. I know it’s making Mike absolutely nuts, and I’m not too thrilled about it either. There are so many things in my life that I can be thankful for, but I have chosen to ignore them to focus on the things I’d like to be better in my life. Shame on me.
My sister-in-law just posted a fabulous entry to her blog about being thankful. So in response to her inspiration and as a need to refocus my own thoughts, I am laying out a list of things I can be thankful for. I hope it might be an inspiration to you if you also find yourself in the same rut I have been living in. Let’s live better together.
- I’m thankful that my husband has a job that he loves and that it brings him incredible joy because he’s doing what God created him to do.
- I’m thankful that my kids are happy and healthy. There are far too many children who are neither happy nor healthy.
- I’m thankful that all my boys love me, on good days and bad days.
- I’m thankful that we live in Chicago and that it’s beautiful here. I love the city.
- I’m thankful that our families (and especially grandma and grandpa) live nearby. I’m thankful that I can skype with those who aren’t.
- I’m thankful that for now at least, I’ve figured out the afternoon schedule and both boys have been napping at the same time.
- I’m thankful for my mommy friends who understand what I’m going to say before I do.
- I’m thankful for second chances and for new beginnings.
- I’m thankful that our brothers and sisters have become the best of friends.
- I’m thankful that we have two working cars and no car payments. I’m also thankful both the car seats and the double stroller fit into the one I need to drive.
- I’m thankful that we have a home to live in and grow our family. I’m thankful for all the wonderful memories we’ve already shared here, and for the many memories to come.
- I’m thankful for people who enrich my life by living out their passions, creating beauty through song, dance, art and the written and spoken word.
- I’m thankful for a God who still speaks to me, even when I haven’t been listening, and disciplines me when I need it because He loves me that much.