When we started homeschooling our oldest for kindergarten, it felt like we were walking off a cliff. Literally. Educationally. Socially. Having both attended public school through twelfth grade, not only was this idea completely outside the realm of normal for my husband and I, it was completely outside the realm of normal for everyone we knew.
And yet here we are several years later loving every minute of this adventure.
Chicago area museums are an amazing resource to any family, any day of the year, but they are especially awesome on the free days. [Read More]
We are a family of book-worm library lovers who spend a good deal of time with the newest releases and old-time favorites. These are our best-of lists, categorized by topic and season. [Read More]
Popular Homeschool Posts
- Seven Things I’m NOT Saying When I Tell you I Homeschool My Kids
- How We Do School in Four Days a Week (and why you might consider it too)
- Practical Advice for First Time Homeschoolers
- A Three Point Pep-Talk for Surviving Homeschool with a Newborn (and other stressful situations)
- 7 Qualities of Great Beginning Reader Books (+ a book list to get you started)
- Free Homeschool Lesson Plan & Attendance Book