There is something about the flesh and bones of a story that connects the dots and moves the heart in ways other modes of communication just can’t. I have forever been ruined for a well-scripted, well-placed dramatic illustration – and while it’s been many years since I wrote my first script – I am still more passionate than ever to see this medium of creative communication used in the Church.
Scripts and monologues are divided by season and/or type and then by service ideas. Start by reading the production notes where available and then browse through the corresponding monologues and sketches to find something that fits your drama team and church body. Most can be used as stand-alone pieces, but can also be joined together with additional creative elements to craft an entire service.
- Contemporary Christmas Service (full-length service)
- Stories (monologue series)
- Angel, Mary & Joseph Christmas (individual monologues)
- Christmas through the Carols (full-length service)
- The Accident at Christmas (stand alone sketch)
Christmas Service Planning Resources
- 6 Things You Can Do NOW To Prep Creatively For Your Christmas Services
- 5 Ways to Creatively Source Your Christmas Service (and 20 resources to help you implement them)
- You CAN Think Creatively for Christmas
- Fourth of July (monologue series)
- To the People of September 11 (tribute)
- Patriot Day Monologues (full-length service)
You have my permission to use any script posted on this site in your church or ministry. For all hard copies (distributed materials, scripts, programs, or advertisements) please cite correctly with the title of the work and author name (Christine Trevino). For online social media sharing please link back to the original post or this page. Thanks!
Christmas through the Carols
Narration and Production Notes for a Complete Christmas Eve Service
* * * * * * * * * *
Christmas doesn’t have to be complicated to be meaningful.
Christmas through the Carols is a full-length Christmas Eve presentation churches of all sizes will find easily adaptable to the seasonal needs and artistic abilities of their congregation. Using a combination of narration, scripture reading, and song, congregants journey through the Christmas story by way of some of the most cherished Christmas carols of our time.
Script includes sample service order, song selection, 8 complete narrations (adaptable for 2 or 7 narrators), and production notes.