Welcome to the What’s on My Plate I’m-still-getting-over-the-holiday’s edition.
No, I haven’t completely fallen off the weight-loss wagon, but I must confess the holidays were not easy.
After five months of discipline and losing nearly 25 lbs, I was reminded of my deep love for Christmas cookies (read: I gained two pounds back 🙁 ). It’s been hard to get back on track and I’ve had to dig down deep for the determination to keep going at this. Weight loss is rarely easy, but it’s worth it, and I’m not done with this just yet.
Something that’s helped me ease back into routine is allowing calculated indulgences like this pretzel croissant. Bulking up on veggies helps fill me up so I can enjoy something that tastes like a cheat without going overboard – and at 8 points for the entire meal, I can hardly call it that.
Italian Beef on a Pretzel Croissant
8 points per serving
What you need:
- Papa Charles Italian Beef – 2 points per 2/3 cup serving
- Trader Joe’s Pretzel Croissant – 6 points for one
- Trader Joe’s Hot & Sweet Mustard OR Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce for drizzling – negligible
How to make it:
- Heat Italian Beef according to package instructions.
- Portion 2/3 cup of Italian beef (I pack the cup tight) per person.
- Cut pretzel croissant and place beef inside.
- Drizzle either Hot & Sweet Mustard or Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce across the beef.
- Top with remaining half of pretzel croissant.
The sides I included can easily be swapped out for any fruit or vegetable. On my plate, both the steamed broccoli (with Lawry’s – thanks Kristal!) and the fresh red pepper are freebies.
Here’s to a new year, a new start, and the getting back up to hard again.