Banana Chocolate Chip cake is our family’s go-to dessert. If there’s something to celebrate it’ll likely make it to the table. It’s delicious, moist, and easy enough to make with little helper-hands.
I found the recipe through WeightWatchers.com years and years ago. What follows is my take on the original recipe with additional instructions to bake as a bundt cake, tray of cupcakes, or set of mini loafs (which work fabulous as gifts).
What you need
Flour for dusting pan
18.5 oz unprepared yellow cake mix
1 package 3.4 oz instant banana cream dry pudding mix
8 oz fat free egg substitute
8 oz fat free sour cream
3/4 cup water
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
16 ounce package of mini chocolate chips
2 ripe bananas
1 can of whipped cream cheese frosting
1 tube of decorating frosting/icing
How to Make the Bundt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray, dust the inside of the pan with flour and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, egg substitute, sour cream, water, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
- Mash bananas with a fork. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and level the surface.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes, invert cake onto rack and cool completely.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting and decorate with icing as desired.
Additional Instructions for Cupcakes and Mini-Loaves
- For cupcakes, use cupcake liners and bake for 22-25 minutes. Makes 24 cupcakes. Frost as desired.
- For mini-loaves, prep pans as bundt pan. Bake for 33-35 minutes. To give as a gift, skip the frosting, wrap loaf in tin foil and tie a bow with colored ribbon.