I think it’s about time for a good salad hack, isn’t it? Welcome to the What’s on My Plate raw veggie edition. For more healthy meal ideas for your own weight loss journey click the series graphic at the end of this post.
Salads are kind of a staple weight loss meal, but they definitely don’t have to be boring. Start with your favorite green lettuce and add as many colorful veggies as you can. Whatever you do, don’t skip the onions, feta, and a good low-cal dressing, because flavor is extremely important (at least to me).
Olive Garden(ish) Salad Hack
2 points per serving
The secret to this hack lies completely in the Light Olive Garden Restaurant Italian Dressing. It’s not a brand every store carries, but I’ve found it at Mariano’s and Heinen’s (much to my delight).
What you need:
- 1 head artisan romaine lettuce, chopped (or 3 cups) - 0 points
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped – 0 points
- 1 persian cucumber, sliced – 0 points
- 1/3 of a red onion, sliced – 0 points
- 1/3 of an orange pepper, chopped – 0 points
- 1-1/2 ounces Trader Joe’s Fat Free Crumbled Feta – 1 point
- 1/4 cup Light Olive Garden Restaurant Italian Dressing – 1 point
How to make it:
Combine ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss and enjoy.
I feel like this picture is slightly deceptive because this salad is GINORMOUS. Go ahead, I dare you to be hungry.